Strange Tools

Sponsored Links
For what it's worth here's my idea. :idea:
I can't say this is correct it's just what I see.

I think it is some sort of setting or maintenance tool for mill work, I'm thinking cloth type of mill.
The curved object looks to fit onto a shaft, the other end however whilst pointed isn't a cutting point. I feel that it's shape allows it to go around a cylinder, spool or chuck type of arrangement with the "point" locating into a hole thus providing some sort of safety brake.
The tool with the handle also looks to have no cutting edge so I feel this tool is used to grasp a thread (or wire) to pull it. The bottom tools are variants of the handled tool and the spanner is, well , a spanner.

I may be wildly off the mark but it is at least fun to try and work it out. Oh and thanks for the info about what was stamped on the tools although it wasn't any help.

Thankyou very much for your idea, I will keep it in mind, you could be right. I put another photo in the post of instruction that came with the tools, I should have put it in from the start, OOPs :oops:

Looking at the picture you have now posted of the instructions, I reckon
Bodgeit and scarper is spot on with his great guess. :)

Sponsored Links
Thankyou very much for your idea, I will keep it in mind, you could be right. I put another photo in the post of instruction that came with the tools, I should have put it in from the start, OOPs :oops:

DOH!

Yes the instructions do rather give it away.
Good guess by Bodgeit tho. without the aid of the second pic.

Yeah, My fault on the photo. I'll go with typewriter tools unless I am told otherwise, Thanks to all! :D

Concur, Typewriter tool kit! curved piece fitting into reference hole in every striker arm, claw like tool used to bend letters to achieve even strike on plattern, there are two crow's foot spanners for tappet adjustement.

( do us a favour, next time show us the instructions, then ask us what the tool looks like) :LOL: :LOL:

Wotan

You took your time figuring that one out.

Are you that fast at figuring out other daily problems? :)

The OP may even get a decent reply if he tried on a US forum rather than a UK one where we are less likely to see these tools.
So does that mean they aren't a toolkit for removing boy scouts from horses hooves?

P.S. Olympia was a well-known make of German typewriter

OlympiaS.jpg

Could I have a postal borrow of these tools, what much to ship to Bingley?

I have an old typewriter than needs attention. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back