Strap on boss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got one that is leaking water (luckily soil stack one only has bath/basin water) not sure why, but as I solvent welded it on what can I so. Is it a case of drying it off and using silicone or is there another way. BTW it's not coming from the rubber insert.

Sponsored Links
Had the same, turned out to be not enough solvent even though I thought I had used lots. Took it off (broke it off), fitted new one with Loads of solvent, all ok. Assuming it is on a horizontal pipe, the connector is on top ?

Sponsored Links
I don't think Polypipe ones do. They ought to, you'd think, and most other makes do, but I can't see any angle on Polypipe. Nor is there a locating groove / ridge for boss adaptors, so these don't have an angle either.

Get the other kind of strap on with a nut and bolt in it, coat it all with roofers black mastic before assembly.

Paul Barker said:
Get the other kind of strap on with a nut and bolt in it, coat it all with roofers black mastic before assembly.

Thats gonna look really pretty :eek: :eek:

Do the job properly and don't skimp on the solvent weld.

In this case buy a tube of "Gap Cement"

doitall said:
Paul Barker said:

Thats gonna look really pretty :eek: :eek:

Do the job properly and don't skimp on the solvent weld.

In this case buy a tube of "Gap Cement"
Bloody roofers pinch the leadwork now the drainage.. :evil:

Normal solution :

1) avoid polypipe drainage. Use a better make like Terrain - use their bits AND their solvent and cleaner.

2) If you've got P then clean everything really well, use cleaner, then their "Our bits don't fit so you can botch it with this " gap filling solvent, and pray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back