strappers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, been to a house today, friend having a problem with 2 way lights in room consisting of 2 x 2way switches after decorators been in. being taught the way by using 1 pair of strappers was baffled to find 2 pairs, anyone shed some light on this?

Sponsored Links
yes full apprenticeship with N.G.Baileys but been on Sub-stations for past 4 years. so been away a while. just set up on my own

Could it have been an intermediate switch?

Are you oop north if Baileys trained you?

Sponsored Links
no it was just 2 x 2 way, the other switch which had been untouched had 2 pairs in l1 an l2

jfpeanut said:
no it was just 2 x 2 way, the other switch which had been untouched had 2 pairs in l1 an l2

Are you saying two wires in L1 and two wires in L2 and nothing in C?

yes there was a single in each common. feed and switch but 2 pair in l1 and l2. spoke to a friend an he says its the same on his stairs at his house but dosnt know why? i know of no other way apart from 1 pair.

Bailey's are in Yorks, aren't they?

I think what you have seen is a twin cable + 3 core in one switch & a 3 core at the other, where in the switch with two cables, there are two wires in each of the strapper terms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back