Strip foundations on boundary with neighbour

UKG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wonder if you can help with another problem I have. The building will be next to a fence with the neighbour along the 7m length of the building. I want to get the building as close to this fence as possible. I'm now considering a 600mm x 1000 m strip foundation.

The garden is on a slight incline so I plan to level the area. Creating a circa 2 foot drop (at its highest) along the neighbours fence line. I plan to construct a small retaining wall using blocks laid flat.

Can you offer any advice on how to lay the foundations and build the wall as tight to the fence line as possible, with the consideration for the small retaining wall.

Can both walls be built off a strip foundation sat 800 x 1000mm? Or do the foundations for the single storey building need to be completely separate to the foundations for the small 2 foot wall?

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

With thanks

UKG

Sponsored Links
Is this possible? Will it have implications for damp and the DPC? Or can I build the wall, put the neighbours soil up to it and it will be fine?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It just needs to be designed as a retaining wall with some tanking, there's nothing complicated about it. But making it up like you are is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back