strip it back and start again...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Having finally discovered one of the causes to our damp issues we will shortly be having that fixed and then will be needing to knock off some blown plaster and I was thinking we might as well knock it all back and start from stratch.

I was thinking knock back to bare brick, plasterboard and then skim it for a lovely smooth finish (not me skimming as im far to unskilled)

I was also wondering if there some sort of insulated plasterboard available to increase the warmth in the room or some sort of plasterboard that could keep the noise from next door down as we are a terrace?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rob

Sponsored Links
Most DIY stores stock the PB that is backed with polystyrene for heat insulation more than acoustic (i think)

There's also this:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/soundshield-board-2400x1200x125mm/invt/224657/
for acoustic insulation.

Don't how how good any of them are though.

I will also be wanting to reboard our bedroom with some kind of acoustically insulated board as our neighbours bedroom backs onto ours and their tv is too noisy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back