Strip of land with photo's!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just though I would upload a few photos of my dilemma.

Thermo has already recommended paddlestone gravel and plantex weed fabric, I just wondered if anyone else had ideas?

The front edge is proabably only a couple of inches of top soil above concrete, but I would like to finish that edge somehow?

thanks

Beatts :)

Sponsored Links
Thermo has already recommended paddlestone gravel and plantex weed fabric, I just wondered if anyone else had ideas?
If it were mine I'd turf it with a variety that doesn't grow very fast.

akward to mow. you will need some retainer along the bottom of the slope. you could use a simple precast concrete kerb, courses of bricks or timber

I agree I need some sort of retention at the bottom, however there is literally only two inches of earth above concrete so I cant peg down with say those log effect edgings.

I could dig out the earth and cement some kerb edging in place but then it wouldnt fit in with the two strips either side of mine.

How would I secure the Plantex in place on a slope like this?

Sponsored Links
there is literally only two inches of earth above concret
I suspect you have no chance of getting anything to grow in two inches of soil.

I could dig out the earth and cement some kerb edging in place but then it wouldnt fit in with the two strips either side of mine.
If you want it to fit in, why don't you do whatever has been done on each side?

we use plastic pegs to do the job, but looking at the slope id be inclined to plant the whole thing up, put a small edging down and use a bark mulch on it. That way it will give cover both instantly and in the long term

I suspect you have no chance of getting anything to grow in two inches of soil.

are you kidding. 2" of soil is like a fertile garden of eden to some species.

my old Honda has stuff growing in the gaps behind the window seals, and that is only where the dust gathers. :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back