Stripe Carpet (2.5inch pattern repeat) NOT matched on stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I live in a 3 storey victorian house - lots of stairs and landings!
I had poor carpet for years and after lots of saving I have just had some stripe carpet fitted (2.5inch pattern repeat) by 2 fitters who did not seem the sharpest!
Anyway some of it matches up - some doesn't.
When I pointed this out - one said it was the Sales Manager's fault who drew the plans. The Sales Manager said it would all match up due to the frequent pattern repeat.
There is loads of remnants + big pieces left so lack of carpet cannot be a problem.
When they started one started at the bottom of the house - the other the top - I asked how they could match it up working like this - and they said it was because the had cut it all out at the factory!
When I pointed out some of it did not match up + some of it goes in the opposite direction (upside down). . . They argued they could not see a pattern repeat - until I pointed it out.
Please may I ask if there is a scientific reason I am missing out on why this would be?
Am I within my rights to ask for this to be put right?
The Sales Manager is on holiday until next week and I am quite stressed!
Thanks
Eli

Sponsored Links
Assuming you don't have a winder then complain.

It is not possible to match striped carpet on a winder.

by a winder he means a triangle shapped step. Normally 3 of them on a bend.

If the stairs is straight then it should be matched from the bottom (hall) into the stairs and onto the landing also.

CAn you post a picture up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back