Stripped Dry Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not sure if this was best here or in plastering section but I'm hoping it remains a decorating issue for now :s

I started to strip a wall only to then realise it's a dry lined wall that's had lining paper put straight onto the board before being painted over. It seems like they haven't sealed the board in the first place.

When I've stripped it's left a thin coat of yellowish fluffy paper/paste behind over the board paper, I've obviously decided to stop now before I cause any more problems.

Should I reapply a new lining paper, undercoat/seal over it or risk trying to get the remaining residue off and damaging the board paper (not a preferred choice)? If possible I'd love to avoid plastering... :S

Any Ideas???

Sponsored Links
You will never get a plaster board straight enough to simply paint over after stripping it.

Your choice- fine fill, sand, fine fill, sand- it will still be bumpy or skim. I'd opt for skim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back