stripping paint from handrail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I've got a work- stripping handrail on staircase balustrade, it has been painted in 5 coats of paint (varnish, oil base black, gray undercoat and 2 coats of black gloss. Building is pretty old (Victorian?) and entire length of handrail is +/- 50m. On the sample was quit easy but now when started with 1m I have spend on it 80 minutes :0, only paint has been removed but still have to dig out some old white filler and replace that with proper wood colored filler and go with another go with sandpapers. Anybody has done before this sort of work? if so how much I should charge- as I think I have made a miscalculation with my quote :(
thx in advance
MINDEX

Sponsored Links
I'd employ a immigrant if I were you. They are cheap.

Tried a heat gun?
Still have to sand afterwards but removes the paint quicker.

I am stripping down one of the doors from same property at my workshop, not sure what kind of paint is that but doesn't go easily with electric heat gun, is bit better with soldering torch (jet torch - Rothenberger)- but don't want to mess with open fire up there and the fumes ...
what I really want to know is a price- how much it should cost?
SAlute
MINDEX

Sponsored Links
If you don't know what you are doing (and you clearly don't) stop taking work away from those that do. You put the quote in - live with it.

If you don't know what you are doing (and you clearly don't) stop taking work away from those that do. You put the quote in - live with it.

I am looking for advise/help not for nasty comments so please stop doing that, and stop pretend if you are more clever than you actually you are
Steve

Why you talk so silly like wot you don't know anyfing? Every post you make is comedy. Mindex. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back