strong brick bonding adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a strong brick bonding adhesive preferably in a tube with a nose so I can fill in a crack in a small rendered garden wall.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I am looking for a strong brick bonding adhesive preferably in a tube with a nose so I can fill in a crack in a small rendered garden wall.
Any suggestions?
It's not in a tube- but '' is ideal for your purpose. It will stick damp brickwork together and is very fast setting (1-2 hours).
I use lots of it for bonding bricks .
Costs about £40 +VAT for a 5kg tub.
It's a 2 part mix.

it's made by :)

Nothing is going to bond a cracked wall together

You are wrong Woody.

The stuff I mentioned will hold ANY crack .
However- it's like a weld. If the stress continues- a crack will appear in another place..
The masonry will crack before the resin will.

Guaranteed.
Spend £40 and test it and see .

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, I remember now. This stuff is used up and down the country by every single company for repairing walls

Oh yes, I remember now. This stuff is used up and down the country by every single company for repairing walls

Woody My friend-- there is lots of stuff used up and down the counrty for repairing things. But- There are not lots of people who take the trouble to find out just what is available to use for different applications.
too many people (tradesmen) are stuck in a timewharp.
Trust me- please .

I use this stuff every day .(ish).

keep a open mind .

What is this magic stuff then?

I use this stuff every day.

You could use it all day and night, sleep with it, have a family and go on holidays with it, but the fact remains that no adhesive is going to hold a wall together, when it is trying to move apart

I would like to try this resin. It is only a small non load bearing wall so it is more likely to work. My only concern is that the crack is a bit narrow so it may be a bit trickier to apply the resin; I would prefer a package with an injection nozzle.

I would like to try this resin. It is only a small non load bearing wall so it is more likely to work. My only concern is that the crack is a bit narrow so it may be a bit trickier to apply the resin; I would prefer a package with an injection nozzle.
If the crack is a bit narrow. Why worry ????.
Just point it up in sand/cement/with PVA and hope it has stopped moving.
a small garden wall is not a big deal.

Is it just a surface crack or a major crack?

A surface crack could just be filled with an exterior grade filler.

If the cracks are large then it could be structural.

The wall is 1m high by 3m long. The crack is vertical in the middle throughout the width of the wall. If I get a resin with a nozzle I can inject the resin deep in the crack and will be better repaired. Then I will use filler and decorate externally.

As it is a rendered garden wall, I get the impression all you are trying to do is get it looking tidy again i.e. no crack when painted.

Please bear in mind that any filler (structural or otherwise) may be just a short term fix unless the movement that caused the crack has stopped. Using an exteral grade filler is one solution but make sure you clean out the sides of the crack first.

In this situation using an expensive structural bonding compound is simply a complete and utter waste of money.

I do recall that there used to be a pointing compound in a tube for use like a mastic that you could get at DIY shops, but have not seen any for years, but that would also do if you can find any. I would think "Everbuild Pinkgrip Universal Instant Grab Adhesive Sealant Gap Filler" would do or something similar. For wider gaps rake out and point it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back