Stronger fixing Plywood of PSE timber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is plywood or normal PSE timber likely to give a stronger fixing than the other? I have heard people say mdf gives a stronger fixing than plywood. Is for adding to a stub wall to create a fixing area. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does plywood or normal PSE timber likely to give a stronger fixing than the other? I have heard people say mdf gives a stronger fixing than plywood. Is for adding to a stub wall to create a fixing area. Thanks

I use ply as mdf tends to go bad quicker when exposed to moisture - i find... but i dare say others may have a different opinion.

Never had any problems with ply.

Plywood would be stronger screw into wood as it woan't split. But it depends how you fix it to the wall. MDF isn't great, I'd be using chip board or OSB before MDF.

But what are you hanging? Even kitchen cabinets i hung off old floor boards fixed to the block work and it's fine.

Sponsored Links
Is for putting between the studs of a wall to give a fixing area before the stub wall is plasterboard.

Osb3 is cheap and moisture resistant, they use it for flat roofs. Plywood Comess in even more different grades for the glue and the wood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back