Stud wall, Partition wall with plasterboard and noggin

Nothing wrong with quantity but position of a couple means you have nothing to fix plasterboard too in the internal corners .

Any suggestion on how to better position all studs to have a fixing point on the corner?

Sponsored Links
Just need to move the one marked at 257 to left corner slightly and similarly the lower corner as they need to be at the end of the boards.

Generally no need to use treated timbers on interior framing work. Standard CLS (as opposed to the slightly stiffer structural C16 grade) is more than sufficient for stud walling providing it isn't a structural (load bearing) stud wall. Timber yards are generally a far better bet than DIY sheds in terms of both quality and price in my experience. In other words you are spending more than you need to

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
They only have cls in 2400 and I need 2450. For 50mm difference I have to pay 3 time for treated timber which especially during covid 19 is a piece of s...t

That's because you are going to a shed - timber merchants tend to carry CLS in lengths up to 5.7 metres (sometimes longer)

If you're desperate to get the job done & can't get to a proper timber merchant then just double up head and/or sole plate so the stud length drops to less than 2400

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back