Structural Insulated Panel Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone give me an indication of cost per square metre?

Also, are they used for the floor in the UK and what will they span unsupported?

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Would it not be better to get some actual quotes from the various UK manufacturers, as these will price differntly depending on quantity, size and composition.

These are less common in the UK, so costs will be more than other countries.

I wonder if it would be cheaper to make some of these up on site, as the timber/board and insualtion are readily available?

Sponsored Links
and use what for the pinch rollers? couple of bags or sand stuck on top while the glue dries?

I used to work for a company that made SIPs panels.. well technically they were'nt SIPs panels, they were air con panels..
20mm foam sandwiched between pre-formed steel shells.. but they had all the same kit..
hot melt glue machine to coat the foam and pinch rollers to squeeze the sandwich to ensure proper contact...

don't mean to hijack, but has anyone considered SIPS for a shed?

would only need to be like 50mm foam..

But that's just mass production isn't it?

You can easily construct a panel on site with some nails and glue without complex machinery.

For your shed, for example, you need some OSB sheets, some 2x2 or CLS, the insulation, nails (or a nailgun) and some adhesive.

"home made" stuff also doesn't come with all the tests and calculations for loadings and stuff.. while this wouldn't be much of an issue with a shed..
if the OP is planning something more substantial then would you trust your "homemade" SIPS panels?

We had a guy on here once based in Poland. They made them over there and transported them here. If you want a house load it may work out cheaper.

if you're gonna go that far, just get a huff house...

you pour the slab, they bring the house over flatpack and assemble it complete with wiring, plumbing etc in 7 days..

anyone got any idea on depth of foundations for s single level SIPS extension? I reckon 1.2 metres would be enough and would like to do a trench foundation, has anyone had any experience? regards Darren

I once built an igloo for a guy once, yeah, did a pretty good job too.

I,m absolutely snowed under now.

:rolleyes:

i found a mate of mine with hundreds and thousands on his head, he'd topped himself...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back