Stubborn builder fit backboxes flush with plaster, can't fit sockets in.

Thanks for the recommendation, I certainly will do. I'm very happy with my Makita drill (way better than my old Black and Decker that I bought when I was 18!) so I can understand the above could be a good investment. Incidentally it was the sand and cement walls in this house that made the old Black and Decker much less "hammer" than it originally was.
There's a world of difference between that old B&D (or equivalents) and something like this:

Bosh_GBH_4_DFE_%28Olav%29.jpg

(or equivalents)

Sponsored Links
Putting RCD double sockets into 25mm back boxes is an extremely tight fit, so I'd imagine that the USB charger ones are too..

I honestly think if I were speccing a new build, or extension/conversion, I'd ask for 47mm everywhere.

WTF not.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, but it depends on the material.
Thermalite is so soft that it makes naff all difference. But if it's harder concrete block then a bit more work to sink them - and sink the chase a bit to reach the knockouts. I'd also be speccing that the conduit reached the box as well !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back