Stubid bathtub faucets wont come off!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:mad: I have been trying to get these old ugly faucets off my tub. I popped off the plastic H and C thing. I removed the screw, and it won't come off. Is it stuck? Am I missing something? It can't be that difficult. Someone help!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Please

Sponsored Links
You need to turn off water supplys and remove nuts from underneath the bath ( I presume the taps are the same in America).
Call a plumber if you are not sure ;)

:confused:
I think the bathtubs are different. :confused: :?: I can't get under the bathub, or to the pipes. The pipes are behind the tile andthere is not an access door. :cry:

Now why would i want to waist $$$ on a plumber when there are forums like this? ;)

Have a great weekend! :D

If you can't get access to anything I find it difficult to see how anybody on this forum can help :rolleyes:
Have a nice day sir ;)

Sponsored Links
Have I done something to annoy you? :eek: If I have, I apologize. :confused:

The only other time I posted here, you replied with sarcastic almost rude comments as well. :eek:

I don't get it? :confused: You do not have to reply to my postings. As a matter of fact why would you even waist your time replying to someone that annoys you? :confused: Or why even bother replying if you do not have anything constructive to say. :confused: I'll save you the grief...I just won't post here any longer.:cool:

Have a nice day Dick...that is your first name right? ;)

answer is simple if you cant get to what you want to get to you will have to remove something
no good being stroppy most of the lads that post on this forum probably have better things to do
however we feel its nice to help people

as i belive the phrase goes

have a nice day :D :D

Well, I appreciate all the help I can get that is for sure. If you have better things to do with your time you should do them, instead of being callous and rude.
Last time you replied to my post, you said absolutley nothing pertaining to the problem I was having. You simply enjoyed making me feel stupid. How is that help?
I guess it makes you feel better about yourself to put others down, by preying on their weaknesses. Well guess what? You have succeded for the day, your goal has been met. Take a much needed vacation from all the help you offer.

By the way, my problem, I needed a "puller". A tool that pulls the faucet off of the copper pipe. They are under $20 and my loving husband had one and helped me fix it.

Ad you are right the saying is "Have a nice day", but you have to mean it.

Have a nice day, and thanks for making me feel bad!

Chick 7t7
I was trying to be constructive by saying that if you cannot get at fittings how can we help you :?:
I certainly hope I have not made you feel bad, but if you wish some advice you cannot expect much if you cannot access the fittings in question. :confused:
Help us to help you and you are welcome to post again and if we can help you we will ;)

You two not Michael Howard in disguise by any chance are you :LOL:

chick7t7 said:
By the way, my problem, I needed a "puller". A tool that pulls the faucet off of the copper pipe. They are under $20 and my loving husband had one and helped me fix it.

Ah, that is different to any UK taps I know of. Over here they usually slide through the bath from the top, then you screw a nut on the end that is under the bath. Then you attach a "tap connector" fitting to this (usually a flexible hose nowadays), which is connected to the plumbing.

From a few things I have read on the net, it appears in the US the plumbing is taken all the way to the bath, and the taps just screw in from the top.

Have a read of this. Pay particular attention to number 7, "you should also have a basin wrench (a) for turning faucet mounting nuts from under a sink"

Chick the puller tool "e" on the picture in section 7 of the easy2 reference given by Adam above is nothing to do with getting your faucets off. I know cos I have exactly that tool, bought while I was skiing in Colorado (ok I'm a saddo!). It'll only get the top off your faucet.

I had wondered, looking at a close-up diagram of one the teeth seem to pull against the top whilst a screw-down bit pushes against the base. But then, these US taps are so alien to me that I thought perhaps there is something I am missing. Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

Chick, seems your new tool may not do the job intended... Unless we have totally missed the point and you are just replacing the knobs on the top.

Who would have thought something so basic as a tap would be so different in two countries?! :LOL:

No, they're much the same as ours as far as I've seen, different types of course. The US tool has a thin central shaft which goes through the screw hole in the middle of the tap's top. I'd used a standard machanic's small puller before, though the centre is too wide so you have to push against the screw, having undone it a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back