Stuck cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

uPVC french oor has been really stiff to lock so trying to find out what the gear box is to source a replacement. Also when opening the door the latch doesn't seem to retract that far compared to how far you can push it in manually.

I've got everything off but the cylinder won't budge.

Any ideas?

IMG_20200405_135334.jpg
IMG_20200405_135334.jpg
IMG_20200405_135331.jpg
IMG_20200405_135327.jpg

Sponsored Links
The key has to be at a certain angle before it will slide out, keep turning the key left and right until you find the correct angle.

Andy

IMG_20200405_152353.jpg
Thanks guys.

Since we have lived here I've noticed you could only take the key out when the door was locked. After moving the barrel about a small piece of metal popped out and which then allowed the key to turn and the barrell came out.

I have the gear box out. What do I need to take note of for a replacement?

Or can I apply silicon spray to this one and give it a go?

Bit concerned about the bit that fell out !

Also I have found out why it was so stiff. The claw that pops out at the bottom is almost impossible to move manually.

One more thing. Simulating the handle turn with the spindle moves the latch but doesn't move it as far as it maybe should? They spindle doesnt turn any further but you can press the latch in further.

Thinking of putting back minus the bottom claw.

IMG_20200405_151244.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All back together minus the bottom claw and more or less working. Think I must have mucked up the starting position of the cylinder as the door locks when you do the handle up but won't go again to double lock.

It won't double lock as the claw at the top isnt coming out fully when you lift the handle up.

Too late on a Sunday to keep checking

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back