Stuck nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone can help. I need to remove my central heating pump. I've managed to loosen one of the nuts where it joins onto the pipe on one side, but the other one is stuck fast.

Of course it would be the one that is most difficult to get to, being near the back of the hot water tank. Are there any tricks of the trade to assist removing a stubborn nut?

Cheers in advance

DSCF0265Small.jpg

Sponsored Links
get new grundfoss pump and undo the head.the four allen screws, then do same with one in pic and just bolt new head on.

if you want to undo pump nuts and they are seized...i just hacksaw carefully through nut and prise off with screw driver. obviosly ensuring i have a new one (with slots) available :oops:

Many thanks for that. I already have the new pump ready to fit, so I'll give your suggestion a go, re allen screws.

Sponsored Links
a segestion from the bike world... use some anti sieze grease on the threads when you refit it... copper grease avalible from all motor shops in little sachets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back