Stuck valve seating - remedy for re-pressurising Glow-Worm 24cl boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glow-Worm 24cl stopped working when the pressure dropped below 0.5 bar, but following Alfredo's excellent step-by-step method on this site*, I was able to free the stuck valve, after which the boiler re-pressurised itself (with blue tap open) to 1.7bar. I closed the tap and switched the power back on, then ran off some hot water. All working as it should: I was happy until I noticed a drop of water falling from the left side of the cabinet. Thinking this was just some water that had been caught in the frontage when the pipes were disconnected for the 'fix', I put a bucket underneath and left it to drain. Or so I thought.
The dripping continued, very slow - 2 or 3 a minute - but showing no sign of stopping.
Peering underneath with a torch I could see that the regular drops were emerging from a hole in a specific component. It looks to be brass with a screwed thread round a hole to which nothing is attached.
I have uploaded photos for clarity. See my media album.

What is this component and why is it suddenly dripping? Is it some sort of pressure release valve? I do not recall the system ever being pressurised above 0.7bar before and it now stands at 1.7bar. Is this excessive?

*Thanks to Alfredo for the method. Works like a charm!

Sponsored Links
I would say its the "disconnecter" replace it with fill loop easy job think part no is 440442.
Double check by posting photo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back