Stud Wall End Upright fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm building a straight stud wall to split a room into two to make a small office. It's a simple, straight wall - about 2.8m long.

The issue I have is that one of the walls the stud wall end is connecting to is a plasterboard wall and behind the plasterboard is brick. I have only been able to find a couple of batons behind the plasterboard across the whole height of the room and the brick is 100mm from the face of the plasterboard, so I'm needing fixings approx 200mm long (100mm + 45mm for the wood)

What fixings would you recommend I use to secure my 2x4 to the plasterboard/brick?

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
The strength comes from secure top and base plate and the plasterboard. The end stud is really no different to the intermediate studs.

A couple of normal brown wall plugs into the board just to spike it. Sealed with intumescent sealant all the way up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back