Stud Wall questions...

Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ay-up. I'm soon to be completley rebuilding my bathroom and I have a few questions regarding the partition walls I'll be puttin up.

1) the ceilings are 2.7m high, but most of the timber available seems to be 2.4m long. Is there any safe/sound way of building the frame without having full length verticals?

2) plasterboard nails or drywall screws?

3) As it's for a bathroom what do people suggest I line it with, vapourboard, aquaboard or PVA treated plywood? (these are the three main contenders I've noticed on my searchs)

Cheers

Stu

Sponsored Links
try metal stud they come in 10 foot lengths screw the boards use moisture resistant plasterboards they come 10+4 sheets.

Hob said:
1) the ceilings are 2.7m high, but most of the timber available seems to be 2.4m long.
My local timber merchants sell them at whatever length up to 5.4m

Sponsored Links
2.7 is the next standard size up most places will probably go from 2.4 to 3 m though.
use the builders merchants not the sheds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back