studio bedroom

freddymercurystwin said:
:rolleyes:

/shakes head

my sister in law (ie his sister) is telling us we shouldnt have a bed in there. erm, I didnt know I could be told what to do in my own flat!

sigh. anyway we've found a rather nice one which doesnt look breakable and stuff, so that's a start.

will still be going on a spree on friday though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If it were me, I'd build my own bed frame platform out of 5x2, high up and attach it to a wall with 2 front supports. I dont trust those flimsy balsa wood beds either, especially that high :LOL: Of course you cant properly attach it to a wall, being rented, but surely a couple of fixings to a wall would be ok, with the weight being taken by the legs? So its all easily removable. And easily built too.

Then you can just throw a matress on top and a sofa underneath. 30 sqft you get back! ;)

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin said:
Apparently her other half is a lazy git and she doesn't know one end of a saw from the other. ;)

I doooooo :p but I wouldnt like to try :LOL: after once witnessing him trying to saw up an old fence and hammer nails in, I dont ever want him to make anything again, especially not something which might be suspended in the air!

No nails. Use long screws and a screwdriver/cordless drill. Much easier and safer than a hammer and nails, and more secure :LOL:

And use an electric circular mitre saw. Much easier than a handsaw, and safer too, i'll bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back