Stupid Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mum bought this Which? recommended Zanussi oven, installed by JL.

upload_2020-6-12_15-30-35.png

The markings are on the knob, but not the oven face.

She's not tall and has to stand on a step ladder to see how to set it.

Crazy. I'm really worried she will kill herself one day.

Would you:

Buy a new oven?
Mark the face of the oven so she can see better?
Lower the oven so she can see without climbing?
Complain to Zanussi about it being unfit for purpose?

Sponsored Links
You are not allowed to complain about anything foreign.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, Fred. What I love about you is your calm patient approach when responding to posters. :)

Mum considered that as it was a Which? best buy, it would be easy to use, not a complete f'in PITA!

Enamel paint - the proper stuff and a really small paintbrush. I repainted dad in laws that had worn off.

Urm, exactly how short is your mum?

You are not allowed to complain about anything foreign.
Go and murder the designer according to Andy 11,or the sales person,or delivery man,or installer,,,or all of them possibly,ANDY.

Urm, exactly how short is your mum?
Lmao,,,I was thinking that!!!Top Line.It cannot be that high up,,,or she would never reach the shelves,,,and she is totally knackered if it’s a drop down door...Ovens even in built in high level cabinets are not stupidly high for that reason.

When we got our range it had (still has) black knobs with a slight dimple in, very hard to see if off or on.
Although I was not allowed to, I reckoned a drop of tippex would fix it. :)

Sounds like Zanussi have been a bit lazy and used the same facias for a 'built in' oven as opposed to a 'built under' oven, the latter going beneath the worktop you would view the dials from above, the former would be eye level, I think you would need to be very tall to look down on the knob.
Might be worth a complaint to Zanussi.

Sponsored Links
Back