Stupid Oven

It is not Zanussi fault your mum being vertically challenged.It is fit for purpose
That's why the later versions of that oven look like this, then:

upload_2020-6-13_0-14-22.png

Sponsored Links
Appliance makers often offer stick-on braille or large print indicators. Give the makers a try.

Sponsored Links
Just an update.

Our old Stoves oven is getting towards the end of its life.

I am trying to persuade Mum to have a new oven paid for by us (possibly the same but with markings on the fascia) and then we will take hers to replace our old one.

As an aside, I wrote complaining to Zanussi and got a rather snotty letter in reply.

Just an update.

Our old Stoves oven is getting towards the end of its life.

I am trying to persuade Mum to have a new oven paid for by us (possibly the same but with markings on the fascia) and then we will take hers to replace our old one.

As an aside, I wrote complaining to Zanussi and got a rather snotty letter in reply.

Hopefully your mum goes for your suggestion.

If not paint some markers.

Then write a letter to which magazine. They may not do anything about it, but will likely publish your letter as it is something their reviewer likely missed. They like letters like this as it helps other potential purchasers.

Last edited:
Hey securespark, guess what, I cleaned our oven with some crazy kitchen cleaner the other day and practically rubbed all the numbers/symbols off the the bloody thing! :oops::rolleyes::LOL:

Many oven and hobs are poorly designed in this respect. Our oven has the markings on the oven face, but they are so tiny and the contrast colours are so poorly chosen, that I have to get the torch out of the drawer to see them.

Our hob (different maker) has round knobs, with a tiny black dot on the top of the knob, to indicate the position. Sitting down in the kitchen to dinner, you cannot see whether they are on, or off, unless you can see the flame. You have be at the hob and looking directly down on the knobs. They were so annoying, I bought a set of more conventional knobs, with a raised part across the diameter. From the raised parts position, it is easy to tell.

Thin marker pen. She’ll probably only use two settings so only two marks to do.

My oven has black knobs with a dimple for the setting location.
Still black, you have to look real hard to see where it is set.

I keep threatening to tippex it.

My oven has black knobs with a dimple for the setting location.
Still black, you have to look real hard to see where it is set.

I keep threatening to tippex it.

Our air fryer has black and chrome knobs, with tiny dimples in the chrome to indicate their setting. I cut some sticky labels into narrow strips to make them easier to spot. It was new, I didn't want to invalidate the guarantee.

Sponsored Links
Back