Stupid question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what would happen if a Wall Connector system wasn't used on a new extension - existing building wall?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me what would happen if a Wall Connector system wasn't used on a new extension - existing building wall?
That depends upon whether ANY connectors were used and whether the buildings benefitted from being connected.

Sponsored Links
Hi

The reason I ask is that I'm having an extension built and they used those wall starter kit things to tie in the new connecting walls. However, when they took out a bit of the existing wall (about 2.5m) that is perpendicular to open into the new area, a lot of the existing bricks that the wall connector was secured to have come away.
You can see the screws and wall plugs sticking through in thin air. I asked whether they were going to cement in the gaps to strengthen it and they said yes.
However, when I got in tonight it's been done and sounds hollow. I suspect its just been plasterboarded and bonded, which means the wall connector is not attached to anything!
Please see pic - I hope it makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back