Stupidity knows no bounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the BBC were asking for opinions on the possibility of shortages of medicines given a no-deal, this 'gem' was unearthed...

"When questioning members of the public about what they made of the warnings, he encountered resistance from one diabetic who wanted a no-deal Brexit, even if it put at risk his medicine.

"So you rely on insulin?" asked the reporter.

"Yeah I rely on insulin," confirmed the member of the public. "But I still want to leave."

"If the insulin doesn't arrive, for you as a diabetic, you think that's a price worth paying?" enquired the reporter.

"Yeah I do," the Brexiteer replied while nodding."

Do or die?

This plonker appears to want both!

Such is the cult that is brexit :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Its similar to those expats voting for Brexit to limit freedom of movement, they simply do not think it applies to them.

Daily Mail lies add up.

Sponsored Links
When the BBC were asking for opinions on the possibility of shortages of medicines given a no-deal, this 'gem' was unearthed...

"When questioning members of the public about what they made of the warnings, he encountered resistance from one diabetic who wanted a no-deal Brexit, even if it put at risk his medicine.

"So you rely on insulin?" asked the reporter.

"Yeah I rely on insulin," confirmed the member of the public. "But I still want to leave."

"If the insulin doesn't arrive, for you as a diabetic, you think that's a price worth paying?" enquired the reporter.

"Yeah I do," the Brexiteer replied while nodding."

Do or die?

This plonker appears to want both!

Such is the cult that is brexit :rolleyes:
I see nothing wrong with that. He's obviously putting himself last as he's looking at the big picture and not taking a personal view. I’m sure nearly everyone will be affected in some way by Brexit and remoaners just pointing out that people will be worse off on a personal view because they will have to get an international driving permit/lose the right to mobile roaming/won’t be able to get strawberry’s in December just smacks of project fear. Sorry, I meant project desperation.

Didn’t some woman chuck herself in front of a horse once and get killed 'just' to get votes for women? Was that wrong in your view?

I see nothing wrong with that. He's obviously putting himself last as he's looking at the big picture and not taking a personal view. I’m sure nearly everyone will be affected in some way by Brexit and remoaners just pointing out that people will be worse off on a personal view because they will have to get an international driving permit/lose the right to mobile roaming/won’t be able to get strawberry’s in December just smacks of project fear. Sorry, I meant project desperation.

Didn’t some woman chuck herself in front of a horse once and get killed 'just' to get votes for women? Was that wrong in your view?

Ok now list the benefits. We have been waiting for over three years.

Your argument has one huge flaw, lack of benefit.

In all the elections where I have cast my vote I have never voted to make life worse, my intentions are to improve as we go forward, why on earth did any of these people vote leave?

In all the elections where I have cast my vote I have never voted to make life worse, my intentions are to improve as we go forward, why on earth did any of these people vote leave?

Brexit was won on emotions not logic or evidence.

Theress May often said: we will take back control of our money, our borders, our laws.

Well we control 99% of our money
We could control our borders but we dont (no deal plan is to allow all goods in unchecked).
And ask a Brexiteer which specific law that they are so looking forward to not obeying if we leave.

I see nothing wrong with that. He's obviously putting himself last as he's looking at the big picture and not taking a personal view.
So are we safe to assume that if you were dependent on a medicine that could be in short supply or unavailable, that you would be of the same mindset?

But if not, why not?

If deaths arise from the consequences of brexit, how many do you think is acceptable in that 'bigger picture'?
I’m sure nearly everyone will be affected in some way by Brexit and remoaners just pointing out that people will be worse off on a personal view because they will have to get an international driving permit/lose the right to mobile roaming/won’t be able to get strawberry’s in December just smacks of project fear.
Funny how you pick on the minor effects...

Why don't you mention the serious ones like loss of free movement/work opportunities, loss of health cover, millions of families at risk of not being able to live all together etc ...

Of course if quitters truly wanted to explain to remainers why they are wrong to doubt their belief that we would be better off outside the EU, then as has been mentioned innumerable times...

Why won't they tell us?

Why won't you tell us?

Since life is not a rehearsal, to kill yourself for a 'belief' is plainly stupid!

So are jihadists ok in your book? They kill themselves for their beliefs as well. They are convinced, while all strapped up to some semtex, what they are doing is right and for the greater good/bigger picture....:whistle::LOL:

Hardly putting himself last, what about the 400,000+ insulin users in the UK, if he wants to die a lingering death thats his choice but risking everyone else is pure selfishness

And ask a Brexiteer which specific law that they are so looking forward to not obeying if we leave.
Yes, I haven't heard of a single one that has been specifically picked out as being one that affects them negatively.

I see one of the latest EU directives says that items such as 'white goods' should be more easily repairable in order to get a longer life out of them...
No doubt quitters would probably say that it is their 'right' to have to replace their dishwasher every two or three years :LOL:

Of course what they don't seem to understand is that if we want to trade with the EU, then we'll have conform to this regulation regardless...

And equally any other regulation in the future, whilst having no input whatsoever regarding drafting of said regulations!

She didn't achieve anything, as it was the WWI ending that got universal sufferage, as the working man was finally given the vote along with women (women were never going to get the vote before the working man). Although at least she was trying to get more rights and not less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back