Stupidity knows no bounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A no deal scenario for the UK is not manageable.....so in reality no deal is just a fantasy spouted by politicians.

All it means is the UK leaves the institutions, then discovers 250,000 UK businesses want to trade with the EU, so it will need to return to the begotiating table within weeks for:

Irish border
Divorce bill
Citizens rights

Which will need sorting before any trade talks start.

And if the UK has left, it wint have a single trade arrangement in the world.....which leaves very weak to negotiate with anybody.
85% of World trade is carried out under WTO terms , every thing will be ok ,stop worrying.

85% of World trade is carried out under WTO terms , every thing will be ok ,stop worrying.
Where did you make that up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How many countries trade under WTO terms? Answer = 1 (y)

For those of you not familiar with Mauritania, it’s GDP is $4,714million (0.2% of the UK’s), 50% of its exports consist of Iron Ore, and between 1% and 17% of the population still live in slavery

I am not worrying at all........it is well known the region that will be most damaged is Northern Ireland....and I dont live there.

I suspect quoting Mauritania is being a little disingenuous (nothing new for you), even the mighty EU trades with nations under wto terms.
In simple terms, WTO members (of which the UK is a founder member) account for 95% of world trade, no ifs, no buts, see the WTO website for confirmation.
Breaking that down into countries with trade agreements, free trade agreements or unilateral agreements start to get a little complicated, I doubt anyone on 'here' could quote definitive figures, least of all Notch who can't get beyond page 1 of the Maastricht treaty.

it is well known the region that will be most damaged is Northern Ireland

I suspect that is another example of you just 'making stuff up', the Republic will be far more damaged, and that's not even taking into account the gas/electric they import from the UK, which incidentally, is pretty much all of it.

the Republic will be far more damaged

If the actions of the UK would damage RoI, it's no surprise that the EU, of which it is a member, will seek to defend their member from harm.

They will not give preferential treatment to a third country.

You know that.

There's a lot to be said for being a leading member of a large and powerful organisation that defends its members' interests.

Our next government will recognise that.

For those of you not familiar with Mauritania, it’s GDP is $4,714million (0.2% of the UK’s), 50% of its exports consist of Iron Ore, and between 1% and 17% of the population still live in slavery

I am not worrying at all........it is well known the region that will be most damaged is Northern Ireland....and I dont live there.
I think you are a bit confused, you are thinking of countries which trade with the EU under WTO rules.
As for damage ,according to the Irish newspapers a no deal brexit will cause Irish GDP to slump to almost zero.
On Top of that ,Trump has imposed billions of dollars in tariffs on EU imports, Ireland exports 34000 tons of butter alone to America , also included are beef, pork, whiskey wine and lots of other goods.
Trump is tightening the screw on Europe, there has never been a better time to leave the sinking ship.

If the actions of the UK would damage RoI, it's no surprise that the EU, of which it is a member, will seek to defend their member from harm.

They will not give preferential treatment to a third country.

You know that.

There's a lot to be said for being a leading member of a large and powerful organisation that defends its members' interests.

Our next government will recognise that.
It is the actions of the EU which will cause the damage to Ireland, Ireland should join a British Isles trade partnership and ditch the EU.
Geographically Ireland is in the British Isles and it would make sense for Ireland be in alignment with the UK rather than the EU.

If the actions of the UK would damage RoI,

They wont John, it's the actions of the EU that will damage ROI not the UK, and poor little Leo is being encouraged/led there like a lamb to the slaughter.
Tell me this, who bailed out the republic with a load of cash after the financial crash, the EU or the UK?

That statement would raise a wry smile or two in Greece.

it's the actions of the EU that will damage ROI not the UK

Who do you think decided to give Brexit a try without knowing what it was?

Who caused this stupid omnishambles?

Whose Parliament turned down the negotiated deal?

Whose Prime Minister is a mop-headed buffoon with no comprehension of the clusterflick his stupidity and lies have unleashed?

Whose Prime Minister threatens to leave with no deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back