Sturdy street cabinet required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a cheap but very sturdy street cabinet that could house a consumer unit, meter and lots of ancillary equipment. I see two-door BT street wiring cabinets everywhere, approx 1.5 x 1m, which would be ideal but have no idea where I could obtain one.

Any suggestions? Don't want to pay £800+ for a new one! Nothing showing on eBay and the like.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Been googling for weeks and nothing much found. Sites like you quoted are great, but all seem to cost serious money. All I need is a second hand one that may need some TLC but otherwise sound. I'm sure they must be sold as scrap somewhere when removed from the roadside.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they must be sold as scrap somewhere when removed from the roadside.

They are changed when they are beyond repair so you will struggle to find a second hand one.

I am out tommorrow doing street furniture jobs so i will get some details off various ones and post again tommorrow night.

Do expect to pay a fair bit for them. They are designed to be vandle proof and last a long time.

If you have a railway maintainance depot near you ask if they have any for diposal. With modern equipment replacing the older stuff some track side cabinets are being replaced with smaller ones.

Don't want to pay £800+ for a new one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/large-outdoor-electrical-cabinet-ip65-double-sealed-/290611865956?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item43a9d12964#ht_534wt_1096

Sites like you quoted are great, but all seem to cost serious money.

You said you don't wanna part with 800 notes, EUK finds you one for 125, then you complain they seem to cost serious money.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
street lighting feeder pillar is what you need try Tofco, Lucy lighting or Pudsey Diamond but they dont come cheap.,

You said you don't wanna part with 800 notes, EUK finds you one for 125, then you complain they seem to cost serious money.
I think what we have here is a triumph of deluded optimism over actually having a ******** clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back