SUBSTATION RAID MAN IS 'CRITICAL'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Man suffered 25% burns and a huge electric shock while, police say, he was attempting to steal copper from an electricity substation.

The 23-year-old climbed over protective railings into the substation in Mansfield Road, Babworth, near Retford, at around 12pm on Saturday.

He suffered a 33,000-volt shock, which severely burnt his arm.

The man was taken to Bassetlaw District General Hospital but has since been taken to the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield where he remains in a critical condition.

Police in the county say thefts of metal have risen dramatically in the past year

Chief Inspector Glenn Harper said: "It is astounding that metal thieves seem to have total disregard for their own safety and are willing to risk serious injury or death."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i heard this on the radio today it is so funny, you do realise that the buffoon will more than likely be suing someone for his injuries tho :eek:

madness,a quarry i used to work in had a hv cable hacked through about a month ago,this was at 5pm just as the plant was shutting down!

There were severe train delays near here when thieves made off with the signalling cable. I think it was those travelling wilberries wot dun it.

Sponsored Links
One of the chaps who comes in our wholesalers had been wiring some new apartments.

He went to site one morning to find in the switch room that all the 25.0mm² 3 core SWA submains cables for the new flats had been cut off flush with the ceiling.

The c***s even cut off and stole from the switch room all the cabling for the fire alarm, door entry, telephones, CCTV.

It was cut so close to the ciling that the cables could not just be jointed out. :evil: :evil: :mad: