Suella Braverman

But a refugee can enter a country illegally, apply for an asylum application then become a legal migrant, as Cruella says. How is this right?

I suppose you could argue that entering a country without the correct documentation is illegal entry.
But in the recent link to a recent judgement, two things were made obvious
1. A reasonable delay in applying for asylum does not change the status of a refugee.
2. Minor breaches of immigration law should be excused for refugees in claiming asylum, or with the intention of claiming asylum.
Is this the government's answer to solving the problem? A slick piece of legal sophistry that makes an immigrant crossing into Britain illegally, a refugee seeking asylum with a signature on a form.
:sick:

Sponsored Links
And yet it is correct. and no they would not apply under the immigration process that is used for non-refugees.
Two points
If they have British citizenship, then the normal immigration rules apply.
If a refugee becomes a British citizen, however, he or she loses the right to refugee family reunion and will need to apply for family members using the normal immigration rules.
In addition if you were granted asylum before 2005, then normal immigration rules apply
If you have been granted humanitarian protection before 30 August 2005 and you would like your family to join you, you must have acquired indefinite leave to remain before you can sponsor a family member and then you will have to rely on the normal immigration rules.

If they apply under the Family Reunion Scheme, and obviously their children or partner is outside the UK the process is arduous, difficult and dangerous.
The child (who is under 18) must have biometric information taken, they must visit a visa application centre (which will hardly likely to be in the area of upheaval or conflict) and that travel to the visa application centre might be in a different country or region.
So the chances of an under 18 year old child managing to do that is highly unlikely.
They must also get their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre.

It will always be necessary to travel to a visa application centre, even where this is very difficult or dangerous.

Is this the government's answer to solving the problem? A slick piece of legal sophistry that makes an immigrant crossing into Britain illegally, a refugee seeking asylum with a signature on a form.
:sick:
Minor breaches of immigration procedures can be ignored in the case of refugees claiming, or intending to claim asylum. The recent judgement made it obvious that a refugee intending to claim asylum can be excused minor immigration procedures, even if they intend to claim asylum in a different country.

When applying for a work visa in Canada and Australia; you have to apply from another country.

If think this may be the case world over. Why don't we do this?

Sponsored Links
When applying for a work visa in Canada and Australia; you have to apply from another country.

If think this may be the case world over. Why don't we do this?
When escaping persecution the most dangerous part is escaping persecution.
Sure the rest of the journey is arduous, difficult and dangerous, but at least you're free.

If they apply under the Family Reunion Scheme, and obviously their children or partner is outside the UK the process is arduous, difficult and dangerous.
The child (who is under 18) must have biometric information taken, they must visit a visa application centre (which will hardly likely to be in the area of upheaval or conflict) and that travel to the visa application centre might be in a different country or region.
Just looked, of East African countries, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia and Somaliland do not have UK visa application centres.

Just looked, of East African countries, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia and Somaliland do not have UK visa application centres.

Bit like saying they don't have a Job Centre Plus or a Wetherspoons. in Djibouti you apply for a visa online, in Somalia you obtain an application form from the British Consulate and attend when given an appointment with supporting documents, same applies to Eritrea.

Bit like saying they don't have a Job Centre Plus or a Wetherspoons. in Djibouti you apply for a visa online, in Somalia you obtain an application form from the British Consulate and attend when given an appointment with supporting documents, same applies to Eritrea.
Of course, and you catch the number 13 bus from Djibouti or Eritrea to the nearest UK Visa Application Centre (once you've managed to find out where it is). dodging the bullets and bombs on the way, taking your biometric information with you. :rolleyes:

My work visa for Canada I had to apply in Buffalo.

My work Visa for Australia I applied for in Bangkok.

My travel visa for India; I got from Kathmandu

Of course, and you catch the number 13 bus from Djibouti or Eritrea to the nearest UK Visa Application Centre (once you've managed to find out where it is). dodging the bullets and bombs on the way, taking your biometric information with you. :rolleyes:

If they haven't got a number 13 bus what on earth are they spending the foreign aid on?

Do you seriously believe the British Consulate should deliver visas to ones door on a whim? Kinnell.

You had to apply for them?, seems awfully unfair. ;)

You had a passport, and you weren't dodging bullets and bombs.

If they haven't got a number 13 bus what on earth are they spending the foreign aid on?

Do you seriously believe the British Consulate should deliver visas to ones door on a whim? Kinnell.
No. I'm pointing out how extremely difficult it is for under 18 year old virtual orphan to meet the restrictive conditions for their family to gain a Family Reunion visa.

You had to apply for them?, seems awfully unfair. ;)

Yes and I had to show I had money to support me........ oh and my passport......... so I always kept it safe. Last thing you want to do is turn up at a Visa shop without a passport. (Don't like small boats)

No. I'm pointing out how extremely difficult it is for under 18 year old virtual orphan to meet the restrictive conditions for their family to gain a Family Reunion visa.

No, what you're doing is talking *******s, making false claims, lying through your teeth that no facilities exist for a visa application in certain African countries, when in fact the opposite applies.

You've been caught out again, now jog on.

Sponsored Links
Back