Suggestions for kitchen laminate, type, thickness etc...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the laminate in my kitchen. The current one has damaged from a slow pipe leak which has dripped down behind the kitchen and got onto the underlay.

The leak is fixed and my insurer's will allow £15 per Sq metre for a replacement. That's more than I spent on the original floor, so a bit of a bonus!

However, I am stuck as to what to replace it with. I've seen moisture resistant 12mm laminate in B&Q and Floors2go and even seen some real wood flooring at that sort of price range. It needs to be beech effect to match the worktops and it's a solid floor underneath.

Is there somewhere else better than the above two places? Should I avoid real wood and stick with laminate? Is 12mm the best option or is thicker not necessarily better?

The skirting is also being removed and replaced, so the extra thickness causes no immediate problems apart from the internal door will need taking down abit by the joiner.

Sponsored Links
;) I would avoid laminate and go for good quality wood-engineer.

You're forgetting something about the extra height not being a problem: the top of worksurfaces will be 'lower'.

Qoute: You're forgetting something about the extra height not being a problem: the top of worksurfaces will be 'lower'

The other half is only 5ft 2, so that's only going to help her reach the sink! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back