Suitable extractor fan for utility room - please help!

Normally fridge fires are a result of things like the defrost heater and not the heat pump system. Heat pump tumble dryers are effectively dehumidifiers, hence the very low power consumption.

I agree though, with such severe cost reduction in all appliances nothing is 100% safe.
Interesting, yes apparently it's usually the switch that goes between defrost and normal mode

http://www.ukfiretraining.com/news/fridge-freezer-fires.html

Does that mean inverter fridges are safe from this fifo of malfunction?

Edit this article gives more detail
https://www.coolingpost.com/uk-news/study-pinpoints-fridge-fire-hazards/

Sponsored Links
Main point of having a working fan is mainly to satisfy the building inspector who is bound to test it when they visit to sign some other work off - you would not believe how nitpicky they have been over every nail and screw used in my house since I started the building works. Granted however, the room probably benefits a bit from running it when the dryer is running as it cuts down the humidity but compared to before when I had a condensing dryer and walking in without running the fan was like walking into a tropical rainforest it's a bit marginal. Just seems a shame (waste of electricity and wear out sooner) to get one that has to run all night if I can get one that cuts off after three hours.

For anyone who hasn't got one, heat pump tumble dryers are fab and worth the extra upfront cost!

Or how much of a waste it is compared to the waste if you're one of those people who puts far more water into the kettle than they need?

Sponsored Links
More of a waste from dumping heated air from central heating etc outside

One way or another, if you want to dry clothes indoors you are going to have to put heat into them to turn the water into vapour, whether you then dump that vapour outside or not. Laws of physics and all that.

But dumping it outside will cost you less than dealing with the problems of keeping it indoors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back