Suitable shrub / plant for borders & privacy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My 1st post here and forgive me for my lack of knowledge regarding gardening here goes, my neighbour has just had a tree and a overgrown shrub cut down on his front lawn which were substantially invading my front garden, but now ive also lost a bit of privacy that they gave me, can anyone suggest a not to invasive quick growing evergreen plant / shrub that i can plant max height approx 1 - 1 1/2 metres.

cheers
Steve :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve

its difficult to advise a fast growing shrub thats not invasive. Also the shrub also depends on conditions, EG soil type, aspect, etc. i also would assume you are looking for something that is evergreen.

can i suggest you look at Viburnum Tinus it would need pruning as it can get large, not all that good to look at though. Also as you are in Devon if this is a sunny site you could try a Callistemon (bottle brush plant) try the harder variety Rigidus

or look at what grows well in your neighbours garden

hope this helps

Photinia xfraseri 'Red Robin' would be an excellent solution.

Planted about 3 to 6 foot apart (depending how many you want to buy)

they grow denser the more you cut them and are pretty much pest free

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back