Summer House Roof Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in my summerhouse roof which is covered with green roofing felt (bought from Wickes if I recall) with some shingles on the front awning. The total area of the main roof is 3.1m c 1.94m.

The roof was replaced by myself about 3 years ago and it looks as if some of the clout nail heads are protruding through the felt although I thought I had stuck down.

The main leak is along the joint (looking on the inside) where the 2 roof sections join. It's not a major leak i.e it's not pouring in but it's enough to dampen the carpet/furniture. I live in a fairly exposed spot so I am thinking the wind has got under the felt at some stage.

I have had a couple of quotes for £250 to replace the whole roof with torched applied felt but I am wondering if I could effect a repair using something like Thompsons Roof Seal/HQ Roof Painter either by going over the "damaged" areas or at a pinch the whole roof as this would be easier on the pocket (which is a bit stretched at the moment) although I appreciate replacing the felt is the "best" long term option.

I have no idea what sort of life the such a repair would have.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated (perhaps there are other products I could consider)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, no mention of 3 layer. If it lasts 15-30 years it will outlast me by a significant number of years and probably the summer house too!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back