Front view of the Summerhouse:

TheFinishedSummerhouseFrontView.jpg

Lagging & Plaster-boarding inside of summerhouse:

Sponsored Links
Wiring:

Light switch:

CU wiring:

Power cable:

Power supply is from the main CU in the House, via 40m of 6mm 3 core SWA on a 32Amp MCB

Outside lights:

Laying the carpet tiles:

I'd get shot of the but-splice crimps and use a piece of terminal block in the light switch. What colours are in the 3C&E, they almost look like red black and grey?? Assuming it is a neutral, the grey needs to be sleeved blue

Your SWAs are meant to be deep enough to avoid accidental damage with a warning tape (laid flat) buried higher up (at around 1 spade depth), not 100% clear from the pic but have you wrapped the tape around the SWA?

What colours are in the 3C&E, they almost look like red black and grey?? Assuming it is a neutral, the grey needs to be sleeved blue

The colours in the 3C&E are Brown, Black & Grey.

The Black (Sleeved Blue) is the neutral to the ceiling lights

The Brown is the Switch Return to the 2nd light

The Grey (Sleeved Brown) is the Switch Return to the 1st light.

Sponsored Links
do you have an air gap and breathable membrane between the outside wall and insulation
nice job by the way :cool:

Id try some Wago connectors in place off the butt crimps, first tried them last year and think they are great.
I also use the Ideal Twister wire connectors which i find very useful in certain applications.

Your SWAs are meant to be deep enough to avoid accidental damage with a warning tape (laid flat) buried higher up (at around 1 spade depth), not 100% clear from the pic but have you wrapped the tape around the SWA?
Looks like it.

I know that this is an old post, and it's too late to do anything about the OP's mistake, but that image has just shown up in a google search, so for the benefit of anybody who does find this thread, that buried cable is not the way to do it.

It should be deeper, and the tape should be above it, far enough to warn people of the cable before they encounter it, not wrapped around the cable they've just hit, and possibly damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back