Summerhouse roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve just put up a hexagonal summerhouse and was wondering what to use for roofing. It came with roof shingles i\\\'m not going to use these as we get regular storm force winds here they wouldn\\\'t last. Is there small roof tiles available for sheds or some other kind of roofing material ?

Sponsored Links
If you hadn't mentioned anything I would have suggested shingles. Fixed properly they will withstand any weather.

(I'm assuming you mean timber shingles)

you can get shingle-like strips of roofing felt ;)

jeds said:
If you hadn't mentioned anything I would have suggested shingles. Fixed properly they will withstand any weather.

(I'm assuming you mean timber shingles)

Hi thanks for replying no it was felt shingles - i was considering cedar shingles but theres 8 ridges how would i get round that ? The ridges might be a different angle to mine ??

Sponsored Links
The ridges that are supplied with the timber shingles are shaped, trimmed and stapled together. It is easy to open them up to the required angle to suit the hip. Put a strip of roofing felt under the ridges to ensure they remain waterproof.

Timber shingles will definitely be the way to go, they'll look the best but unfortunately they're not cheap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back