Summerhouse rotting in corner

New panels purchased, though they are slightly thicker than the originals they still fit into each other just fine. Treated the new panels, then painted them...

IMG_0356_zpshuu4dh61.jpg

Rotten panels removed and shed framework treated with preservative..

IMG_0373_zpszuwmgxir.jpg

New panels positioned into place, then marked out and cut to size...

IMG_0377_zpsul1stk8e.jpg

End cuts treated & painted, screw holes treated & painted, then screwed into place and the side of the shed given a lick of paint. Just need to repair the window and fit guttering which is what probably contributed to the rotted panels.

IMG_0379_zpsibhiykmt.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi all
quick update,
I couldn't find any shiplap to match the panels so was a bit stumped.
It was decided by the boss that major spending on this project was a waste as the masterplan involves replacing it within the next year or so.
so I repaired the rotting wood as best I could from the outside, using wood hardener, wood treatment and wood filler (the inside has had a second skin fitted ) Then on the affected section (which isn't really visable) I fitted treated and painted shed panels (vertically) which sit under the flashing.
Bit of a bodge but will do the job for a year or so.

Problem is now with the roof which I will post about seperately

Sponsored Links
thanks for taking the time to update
when you say "I couldn't find any shiplap to match the panels"
there are 2 sizes that i know off 5 and 6" with a coverage off around 109mm and 133mm respectively
coverage is the amount off width the plank covers from shoulder to shoulder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back