Summit Roofguard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find out if anyone here has used Summit Roofguard to get guttering etc done? What have been people's experiences of them? I've heard some fairly rubbish stuff about them failing to deliver on what they've promised, not doing the work that has been agreed, not meeting deadlines, poor customer service and even lying about the work they've done to make it look like they've done a proper job.

Has anyone else found this?

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to know?

If they are as bad as you mention, then there are hundreds of other companies who will do this work, and I would have thought that you would just give them a miss and not spend any time thinking about it?

Where have you heard all of these bad things?

I got quoted a good price from them but perhaps it's simply not worth it! A chap at work had some work done by them and I've read a couple of reviews around the place and I think that their once good reputation is failing somewhat now.

Will shop around, maybe it's time to get the ladder out and do the job properly... myself!

Sponsored Links
I have a 3 bed 1930's semi in solihull. I used summit roofguard to replace my wooden boards and gutters last year, they were excellent. I have been very happy with the work, the fitters were on time. I chose them as they take the wood off rather than cover it. They're a good firm.

summit roofguard ltd is the largest independant roofline company in the uk, we fit an average of 1000 jobs per year .
to moonbug i would say , thank you
to woody . makes an awfull lot of sense
to mw roofline , who told us off, and we never heard of it and finally to anybody who has a problem please let us know.

Thankyou

I made the mistake of using the company. They lied to me about what was needed and harassed me for money when i refused to pay until the correct work was done. They were rude on the phone and even tried to take me to court. I think the fact that i won says it all really. I would never recomend this company. :(

I actually had a call from them the other day trying to sell me windows. When I said I wasn't interested they hung up on me, didn't have the courtesy to say 'sorry we've wasted your time' or even 'bye'!!! Exceptionally rude I would say!!! I will always stay well away from them.

I actually had a call from them the other day trying to sell me windows. When I said I wasn't interested they hung up on me, didn't have the courtesy to say 'sorry we've wasted your time' or even 'bye'!!! Exceptionally rude I would say!!! I will always stay well away from them.

Who did your fascias in the end, TJDB?

THIS COMPANY ARE WORTHY OF REPORTING TO WATCHDOG!

I cannot begin to tell you the grief they caused me, I definately would not recommend them! ok, the price was good but the work was shoddy.

I sought advice from trading standards about the way they removed our asbestos guttering and broke it up all over our backgarden. They also only used 1 ladder.

It caused me endless phonecalls and tears.. to the local council, to the HSE, trading standards and even crying down the phone didnt get me anywhere, whilst the manager seemed to have done a disappearing act...I could go on and give you all the finer details but the bottom line is I still have nightmares about how they carried out the work!! Please dont use them

Hi there. I had to join this forum because of this Company. Please don't use them!

After sitting with the rep for several hours I signed up to have some work done and parted with a large deposit. They said, and it's backed up in the contract, that I could cancel within a certain timescale and get my deposit back in full.

After discovering I could get the work done several pounds (£5,000) less I cancelled the order the next day. They acknowleged this by sending the rep around again who said they could do it £4,000 cheaper but since I confirmed this was not an option I have not heard anything from them despite following it up several times.

This was over a month ago now and I have a feeling they will not return my deposit unless I take them to court. I have told them in writing that is my intention but they don't seem to care.

If you need work done, get several quotes before signing anything or parting with a deposit.

We have today had our gutters, fascia and soffit replaced by Summit Roofguard from Hall Green and I feel compelled to advise of our experience.
We have been looking for repair work to be done for ages as we know the fascia was rotten, the gutter was leaking and it looked a mess. We received a cold call from the company but thought we would give them the opportunity to show us their products. The representative arrived promptly and was very polite and helpful, he was never pushy and listened to our thoughts. My only concern was his length of call time as after two hours u had truly heard enough. The first price offered was high and we told him that we were not interested and to his credit he was not pushy and left it there. We liked the product and again, to the companies credit they called us a few days later to ask our opinion on the representative and the product. They finally made us a final offer and as it was approx the figure we wanted to pay we decided to go for it and signed up the following day. Throughout the whole experience they have been very polite and not pushy at all, not like some of the companies that knock our door. any way the surveyor arrived on the 17th January and the fitters arrived at 9.00am on 24th January and finished today (25th) at 3.00pm and have done a really really good job and we are very pleased. The fitters were proffessional and the only thing left as I write this review is for the rubbish to be collected which will be tomorrow (26th) and then we are left with an excellent product installed neatly and efficiently by a courteous and professional company. So thanks to Summit Roofguard and any one wanting my opinion is welcome to come and view our house in Stroud Road in Shirley to see the product. Overall mark 9.5 out of 10!!! ( only lose half a point for duration of first visit which just doesn't need to be two and a half hours)

If the rep was polite - why didn`t you politely tell him you had enough info after 1 hour and politely ask him to leave then :confused: Sounds like you fell for the " pricedrop " smoke + mirrors job too. The best salesman I encountered read me like a book - told me the exact final price @ the first visit and left his card - that was 20 years ago and yes, we did go back for their glazing . That guy deserves a big house if he got one :LOL:

Nige - I didn't fall for anything! We wanted new fascia, gutter and Soffit and we knew what we wanted to pay overall. There was no smoke or mirrors or cover up. If they had done a bad job then the whole country would have known about it but fairs fair it was a really good job so I gave no need to slag them off. I am sure that others have had bad and good experiences but thats what this site is for isn't it?

I know Stroud road very well, we have around 4 houses installed there plus a few on Dalrene road (sp.)

All 3 bed semis with front bedroom bay flat roofs. Hopefully you didn't pay any more than 2k for a full replacement job including scaffold/access tower platforms. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back