sun flowers (now updated again)

Eddie M want to make me sick? how tall are yours now? (pic?)

and when do they actualy grow the "flower bit"

Mine are about 6 inches

(i had better set up some words for them so when they do grow they will know what to sing)

Sponsored Links
Well, what with the inclement May we've had around here, they haven't really added much height, in fact two have been eaten by slugs :( They have however been filling out a bit. Hopefully in preparation for the next growth spurt. I'll put a photo of them in due course, not really a great deal to look at though. As for flowering, no time soon, probably mid to end of July, depends on the weather.

My sunflower, about 5 minutes ago

1.jpg

And yes those grey things are not really rocks, but speakers, no, they are not for rock music, but it contantylay plays (don't know what its called) it goes like, ................whoa, vitalite........

after all i want them to sing just like they do on tv

Sponsored Links
trazor said:
breezer said:
after all i want them to sing just like they do on tv

You mean like this.......... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CH1n9tNV0[/QUOTE]

erm, yes.

but if you were to have read the whole topic.....................

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 20:04 Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously do they grow "that" tall?

I have never planted sunfloweres before, i figure they must grow tall ish, but also do they grow tall fast?

and for those who have never seen the vitalite singing sun floweres, click me

About three and a half foot tall now for my ONE remaining sunflower, bl**dy slugs, must get round to taking a picture, any accidents and there'll be no evidence left :D

funny you should mention that (slugs) i found a tiny snail having lunch.

did you know snails can not fly?

can if you hit them with a cricket bat to help them on their way! :LOL:

5 ft, flower head forming, now feed feed feed until flowering is over. MUST get round to taking a photo, how's yours doing, Breezer ? Oh, I have a 10Ft hollyhock as well at the moment :D

no idea what a holly hock is :cry:

sunflower bigger

2.jpg
was
1.jpg

added extra cane to existing one

my sun flower is getting even taller. But there is no sign of the flower (not that i know what to look for)

what should i be llokig for or is it probable / possible it will never grow the flower.

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

I was also wondering should i change the music from the "vitalite" song to clint eastwood saying "Grow a head, make my day"

breezer said:
I was also wondering should i change the music from the "vitalite" song to clint eastwood saying "Grow a head, make my day"

my sun flowers have grown heads, ok small but they do have a head, so changing it to clint eastwood works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back