Sunderland gets what it voted for...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nissan is expected to announce that it is cancelling a planned investment at its plant in Sunderland.

"In 2016 the car maker said it would build the X-Trail SUV in Sunderland after receiving "assurances" from the government over Brexit...

Labour Sunderland Central MP Julie Elliott suggested there was an "inevitable role that Brexit plays here.... None of it is conductive to encouraging business investment in this country"."

So the 'assurances' (bribes) of government weren't enough!

Funny how 'Project Fear' is slowly being shown to be 'Project Reality'...

No doubt quitters will say that it's all the fault of the EU, and that the 'pain is worth it'...

I wonder what the voters in Sunderland will be thinking in a few years time?

Sponsored Links
More to do with the fact that car sales are down globally.

Car manufacturers have been looking at China to generate growth but there is the start of a slump in China.

Do keep up old bean (y)

I expect voters in Sunderland will thinking Ellal hasn't a scooby as usual :ROFLMAO:

I checked, and found Leave.EU's assurance that nothing could be further from the truth. The S*n told us that Nissan would be investing in the new car plant.

So either Nissan are lying, or Leave.EU and the S*n.

Which is more likely?

51654890_1337101879765661_3327162390839033856_n.png

Where do I collect my no-deal unicorn?

Sponsored Links
The X-trail is currently made in Japan. It was a great car until they started putting Renault parts in it.

As Transam has been saying we are going down the collective toilet

Armageddon

Also refuse will start to pile up

No fresh vegetables

Martial law

Medicine shortage

Banks collapsing ect ect

Not to mention private pensions ;)

They could all collapse ;) or become worthless

So are you suggesting that Nissan won't build that new model at all?
The FT says so:

While Britain’s impending exit from the EU has caused uncertainty for the Sunderland plant, which exports roughly half its cars, the decline of diesel across the continent was a more significant factor, according to people familiar with the company’s thinking.

The X-Trail is a large sport utility vehicle, the biggest passenger vehicle made by the Japanese group, and it had planned to make diesel models in the UK. However, the company struggled to make the new diesel cars compliant with the latest emission rules using diesel engines that it buys from Renault, according to one person, and fears of an accelerating decline of the fuel source among the public coloured its decision.

Nissan has already pledged to eliminate diesel from its line-up, saying it would not launch another new diesel car after 2021, one of several manufacturers including Toyota, Volvo and Fiat Chrysler planning to phase out the technology. To make petrol versions of the X-Trail in the UK would require shipping engines from Japan, something the business considered commercially unviable, according to one person.

Nissan laid off hundreds of workers from the site last year because of the decline in diesel, something that has hit the Japanese group harder than almost any other major nameplate in Europe. Nissan’s sales in Europe fell by 14 per cent last year to 473,810 vehicles, putting it below the Kia, Citroën and Dacia brands.

Output from Sunderland last year fell 10 per cent to 442,254. The decision will not see any more roles lost from the UK site, which employs around 7,000 people, but the company will no longer hire additional workers to make the new vehicle

So its all to do with declining sales and decline in diesel. Nowt to do with Brexit ;););)

I see Italy is about to go into recession is the Euro about to tank :mrgreen:

Nissan is expected to announce that it is cancelling a planned investment at its plant in Sunderland.

"In 2016 the car maker said it would build the X-Trail SUV in Sunderland after receiving "assurances" from the government over Brexit...

Labour Sunderland Central MP Julie Elliott suggested there was an "inevitable role that Brexit plays here.... None of it is conductive to encouraging business investment in this country"."

So the 'assurances' (bribes) of government weren't enough!

Funny how 'Project Fear' is slowly being shown to be 'Project Reality'...

No doubt quitters will say that it's all the fault of the EU, and that the 'pain is worth it'...

I wonder what the voters in Sunderland will be thinking in a few years time?
They will not be wishing to reverse Brexit,for sure!!!!

As Transam has been saying we are going down the collective toilet

Armageddon

Also refuse will start to pile up

No fresh vegetables

Martial law

Medicine shortage

Banks collapsing ect ect
Not forgetting,the sky falling in

I checked, and found Leave.EU's assurance that nothing could be further from the truth. The S*n told us that Nissan would be investing in the new car plant.

So either Nissan are lying, or Leave.EU and the S*n.

Which is more likely?

51654890_1337101879765661_3327162390839033856_n.png

Where do I collect my no-deal unicorn?
Same place you collect your in,out ref 2 unicorn

have no fear the UK has an ace up its sleeve
Latin America had Chavez

The U.K. Has Corbyn a man of vision a prophet

Put yer faith in him he will sort it out , backed up by his capable team of Abbot , McDonald ect

The future is bright momentum is on there side

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back