Sunvic 207XL heating/hot water programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice if possible.

I've swapped a Switchmaster 805 for a Sunvic 207XL and I can't get the Sunvic to work. The unit's display doesn't even light up (the CR2032 battery is installed in the unit).

I've followed the re-wiring guide as per the Sunvic's instructions, i.e. wire all terminals the same apart from no1. and no.4 which should be swapped.

The Sunvic's connections are, Neutral, Live, 1 (hot water off), 2 (central heating off), 3 (hot water on), 4 (central heating on).

The wiring diagram states that number 2 shouldn't be connected. Number 2 wasn't connected on the Switchmaster either.

I've checked the mains switch and fuse- all fine.
I've swapped the programmer itself just in case the original unit was at fault- still doesn't work.

I've checked that the live connection is indeed providing current- all fine.

Do I need to connect number 2 even though the instructions suggest not.....?

Any other help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check that neutral and live are correct way round. Older electrics had live first (on left) then neutral, new timers have neutral first (left) then live. This should make programmer live regardless of whether you have wired heating and hot water correctly.

No you dont need heating off connected ;)

Thanks v much for info.
Instructions do say that both units are connected neutral first with live following at number 1 position.
Should I swap them anyway, or is this likely to cause damage?
Thanks.

I'm not sure exactly what I've done (think I appear to have had original neutral disconnected rather that the no.2), anyway, the unit now switches on.
The display and lights are on and the unit 'clicks' when I switch the water and heating to the on position......but......neither water or heating turns on in that the pump just doesn't run.
I've tried lots of combinations of switching round the other wires (apart from the now correct live and neutral), but nothing has worked.
I've also tried altering the DIP switches (pumped/gravity) during the different comination settings.
I'm totally stuck now.
Anybody any ideas.....?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Now we need to know what system controls you have? Is it gravity primary, fully pumped? Have you a 3 port valve, or 2 2 port valves etc etc ;)

I'm pretty sure it's a fully pumped system with a three port valve.
To elaborate, I have a water cylinder in the bedroom to which a PROSCON box is fitted (think it's a thermostat).
A GRUNDFOS X pump is also fitted to the system, along with the three port valve which is a Honeywell 9021. All of these have separate wires running into the box of tricks above my newly fitted controller.
I have a Baxi back boiler fitted downstairs behind the gas fire.
Does this help at all.
Thanks v much.

It is going to be a problem with the messages that the 3 port valve is getting I think. Most programmers need to be wired with DHW on, DHW off and heating on. Usually the orange off the 3 port valve is the live feed to the pump boiler.

Could even be a prolem with the cyl stat.

Unfortunately from sitting here and not knowing your particular programmer I cannot advise exactly.

Have you tried Manufacturers web sites for wiring diagrams etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back