Sunvic 207XL Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am hoping you can help me.

I have a Sunvic 207XL programmer which has been installed for about 1 and 1/2 years and working from new no problem, however last week the LCD display went blank, it did not appear to be the power supply as the backlight was on and the on/off switch on the mains when turned on and off made the light go on and off.

The programmer was swapped today for a new programmer which was working fine, then this afternoon the same problem again - power to the unit but no display. This means we cannot turn the water or heating on.

I am not convinced it is the programmer at fault but can anybody give me any advice on what it could be or if anybody has experienced this problem also.

Sponsored Links
DO they have a small bettery - one of the coin types like a 2020?

Thanks for your reply

The instructions say they do have a battery, however the light is on and it goes off when we switch the power off at the wall, so would it be the battery? ( we didn't fit the programmer ourselves and don't really want to take it off)

The engineer who came to fix it today said it was the programmer, however as it has happened again I do not really believe it could be this, there is obviously something making it not function correctly.

I did notice today that the pipe which runs to low level outside had some water coming out of it, could this be related? We live in a new build house with a Gloworm boiler and a cylinder in the airing cupboard, no CWST but it does have expansion vessels on it.

The engineer said he will call back in the morning, however he just wants to replace it with another programmer which I think will leave us back at square 1!!!

Any further advice would be much welcomed

Sponsored Links
Hi claira

Did you get it sorted? I had the exact same problem with mine yesterday. Backlight on but no dispaly.

Hi

Yes I got it sorted, the guy came this morning and just changed the programmer for a new one and it is still working now so it seems it was that.

They are really easy to change they just unscrew from the bottom and clip of the back plate. B&Q sell them for about £35

We will have to wait and see if it goes again

Yes changed mine this afternoon and working OK.

Other people suggested changing the battery but that didn't work.

Did try to ring Sunvic but was on hold for tooooooo long. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back