Sunvic Select 207xl Programmer Making Strange Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We've had a Sunvic Select 207xl programmer installed for 2-3 years now and all has been working fine and dandy, then without any warning at all the display stopped working and there is a strange buzzing noise.

Have checked the connections and everything looks ok, with no obvious shorting of the circuit or anything like that. I'm thinking of changing the backup battery, but really doubt that is the issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? If I can't resolve it myself, who's the best kind of person to get in to check it out - heating engineer/electrician?

Sponsored Links
WOW! I moved into a new property 7 weeks ago. Last Friday my 207XL did exactly the same. The noise and the controller stopped after about 10 seconds although but the controller appears to be dead. I called the Sunvic technical helpline on Monday morning who were very good but said that the noise or alarm as I described it was not the 207XL as it had no audible output!
They are sending me a new unit to try (for free) and have requested that I return the old one for them to check out. It has not yet arrived, but as soon as it does i will try it and post a reply. If it hasn't arrived today (Friday) I will go and buy one from B & Q £34.98.

Meant to post an update sooner. I bought a new controller from B&Q and installed it - everything works again now. Bit poor that we only got 2 years out of the first one - checked the receipt and it was nearly 2 years to the day since we originally fitted it!

I left the original wiring in place and just slotted the new controller onto that.

Sponsored Links
Worked for me too. Easy connection and re setup. Just remember to turn off electricity before filling control box. No need for a sparky for this job.

Hey Guys, I have same problem as you all described and thinking of doing it myself instead of calling in a pro.

Could someone please tell me how can I take the old unit off the wall? There is no visible wiring on my installation, so just making sure before I mess up anything.

Hi. You are right to do this yourself, it is very simple. There are 2 screws underneath the unit that will allow you to easily remove the unit. Be sure to switch off at the mains first or you may blow a fuse like I did!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back