Sunvic select 207XL,can't run hot water & heating togeth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sunvic select 207XL programmer unit on my water heater /boiler.

I can't use both hot water and heating at the same time, they do work independetly though:

That is, if the heating works, and you turn on the hot water, 2 things can happen:
1) The hot water pump DOES starts working BUT the heating gets turned off on it's own (thermostat for heating lamp turns off and pumps for heating also turn off).
2) The heating keeps working, the lights for the hot water show that it works BUT the hot water pump doesn't work.

What's wrong here????
I know all the pumps are working (since they work independently), the boiler works too, must be the Sunvic (might not be setup correctly???)
thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you got electric in Cyprus :eek:

Need some info to work with as the problem could be several things.

Sounds like you have two or more pumps.

Have you got any motorized valves, what type.

Plus anything else that may be relevant.

I have 3 pumps, one for heating downstairs, one for upstairs and a separate one for hot water. The two for heating have no problem working together but the one for the water is "not friendly" with the other two and doesn't wanna play with them, it only works on it's own.

Motorized valves, I'm pretty sure I don't have (I've looked at images on google, I don't have any), the water goes through the pumps using manual valves which are open of course (otherwise water wouldn't flow through).

Well, let's see, what else, there's a gas burner, an automatic valve that shuts down gas flow in case of the burner going out when it shouldn't (never went out so far so that valve is again always flowing), there's a gas detector (nothing to do with the problem again), there's a small tank attached to the burner (I think it's a pressure tank), not much else really except pipes and electrical wires connecting the lot together.

Maybe it has to do with the programming of the Sunvic???
Maybe the installer wired it up wrong???

Are the two heating pumps connected together and use the same heating channel in the programmer.

What are the dip switches on the back set at.

Is there a change over relay that only allows htg or hws.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if they are connected:
What I do to get heating is that first I turn the burner on using the heating setting on the Sunvic, then I turn the thermostat for upstairs on (this turns on the upstairs pump) then I turn on the downstairs thermostat (this turns on the downstairs pump on).

The dip switches are set to:
Pumped
24 hr
2 on/offs

"Is there a change over relay that only allows htg or hws."

For this I have no clue, how can I find out?
thanks

The programmer should switch both channels on, either together or separately.

If they all have there own pump, perhaps one is robbing the other, try changing the pump speeds

the pump speeds are set as follows:

downstairs: medium speed
upstairs: low speed (cause I can hear water flowing otherwise and it's annoying when trying to sleep)
hot water: high speed (had it also at medium, still had the same problems).

arghhh!!!!

thanks for your help

btw the pumps get electricity separately and their speed is also separately controlled (each has a knob on it).

I'm attaching some pictures, maybe this will shed some light into the problem

I have a Sunvic select 207XL programmer unit on my water heater /boiler.

I can't use both hot water and heating at the same time, they do work independetly though:

That is, if the heating works, and you turn on the hot water, 2 things can happen:
1) The hot water pump DOES starts working BUT the heating gets turned off on it's own (thermostat for heating lamp turns off and pumps for heating also turn off).
2) The heating keeps working, the lights for the hot water show that it works BUT the hot water pump doesn't work.

What's wrong here????

Possibly nothing if It is wired to give priority to hot water
In your situaton 2 above, when the heating is running but the dhw pump is not, do you actually have hot water at the tap

Matt

Ps just noticed your location, is your hot water not also heated by solar?

The hot water at the tap is gravity based so it's always running regardless of pumps (but it might not actually be hot!)

And yes we have solar powered hot water too but not if it's cloudy (and it is some days of the year believe it or not).

"Possibly nothing if It is wired to give priority to hot water "
I wonder how I can check that..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back