sunvic dm5601

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there my father in law has a sunvic dm5601 on his y plan and i think its a bit tempermental so i was going to chance if it packs up and was wandering is the wiring the same i.e colours to the honeywell valve

Sponsored Links
AFAIR the this valve is used on the Duoflo setup...in the wiring center/controls box is there a relay? If so the wiring is completely different for the Honeywell and it would be advisable to get the Honeywell wiring center. Not the thermostat connections are also not standard between manufacturers.

hi gasguru when the new boiler was fitted he replaced the wiring center with a standard box wiring the 5 wires /blue to 5 on wc /green to 3 /white to 5/ yellow to 7/ and orange to 8 /. it looks to me if he has tryed to wire up the 3 port with the standard sundial plan what would the affect be wiring it like this as my father in law is ringing me saying things like heating not working etc but hes no quite sure as hes rang me again saying heating ok but not heating water now without me traveling to stafford and checking it out for myself would it be best just to order a new head or replace the valve with a honeywell one

So why is the installer not sorting the problem out?

AFAIR a standard wiring center will not work with the Duoflow valves...the actuators are non standard. Best to replace with a Honeywell mid-position.

I hope you are au fait with Y plan setups...when you mix thermostats etc from different manufacturers the pin numbers are non standard.

Sponsored Links
hi gasguru unfortunatly the plumber is un reachable ,to be honest he was working when his corgi had ran out which i promptly noted i new and that he need to get a new number be for he was payed which he was suprize at :confused: that left us on bad terms if you no what i mean .i myself could have done a better job as im a qualified plumber but not corgi registered but have my acs so wouldnt risk it. he did fit new r stat c stat and programmer but not a 3 port valve as the exsisting y plan was working but i did noticed once he left that he had changed the wiring center .It was fitted about 6 months ago now and im sure it has worked fine till now but as it was the summer im not sure if they had the heating working in depetantly ,if all else fail ill fit a honeywell and wire a new y plan but ill have to see what the other controls are first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back