supplementary bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im about to change a few things in a house, is there any point me suplementray bonding the bathroom on january if the 17 regs comes in, as there is a very good Ze reading PFC reading and equipotential bonding

Sponsored Links
If you are commencing work now, it must be to the 16th. You could wait until the 17th, then you can do away with supplementary providing:

a: the MEB's are aOK.

b: ALL circuits feeding equipment within the bathroom are RCD protected to 30mA.

thats great because its a fully RCD board im putting in and the only circuit in the bathroom will be for a tail rail which will be RCD protected too plus MEBs are all ok

ill leave it for 17th,... thanks

Sponsored Links
Your RCD protected board will fail to comply with the 17th, unless it has a main isolator independently feeding two RCD's. This is to split up the circuits so if one RCD trips, some circuits remain. It would be good practice to consider putting one power & one lighting circuit on each bank, so you still have power & lighting somewhere in the house if an RCD pops out.

can i ask you what is the best way to install a CCU to comply with the 17 regs?

obviously my CCU will comply with 16th if its fully RCD protected but im confused about the 17th

Again, you sure you're a spark?

Why will an RCD incomer board comply with 16th either??

If the RCD trips, ALL circuits will go out. The idea is to have some kind of split so if an RCD pops, not all circuits go off.

You need to brush up on 7671:2004 before you buy 7671:2008.

well ive been trained incorrect thenm ive never known that you cant use a full RCD board in a house, im confused in knowing that if theres gonna be so many circuits rcd for the 17th why not just put up with a full rcd boiard or you will be buying a split board for about one or two circuits

my old flat used to have a full rcd board

thanks guys is there a body i can phone to gain advice like this, eg iet or niceic etc, a guidance helpline or somethnig?

thanks

yeah its cool but sometimes i dont get my case across and it gets muddled

You can phone NIC or IET. I would go with the IET, personally. :evil:

01438 765 599

hey many thanks for that, i take it your not a fan of the NIC then? was wondering who to go with for my full part P etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back