Suppliers 12 volt LED advert and advice.

Sponsored Links
SF pictures often don’t represent the item. 50hz mentioned in the write up?

I would agree some retailers use generic pictures which don't really show what you are buying, however not one Screwfix advert states 50/60 Hz or even AC all they say is 12 volt. Also I have bought items where the description is simply wrong, I bought a thermostat to replace a rather old Horstmann DT2
41NFPsQw9ZL._AC_UL160_.jpg
the spec says it has volt free SPST contacts, it actually has SPDT contacts, it can also be set default open or default closed with heating and cooling, but there is nothing in the advert to tell you that.

However screwfix are not alone, it does seem many items are bought without any good description on what the spec really is. I bought 4 very cheap LED G5.3 MR16 compatible lamps which only lasted around two months, OK only £1 each so can expect poor quality, however I assumed the LED lamps needed a smooth 12 volt DC supply, until walking around Lidi I noted the 50 Hz marking, I bought 4 of these and they have been A1 powered from the original 200 VA toroidal transformer.

Since fitting them I have looked at other 12 volt LED packages, and it seems most are marked 50/60 Hz this does seem standard.

Sponsored Links
I see.

I wonder why on earth I ever thought "50hz mentioned in the write up?" was a question from you.

Can anybody here explain why I did?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back