Supply For Electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new home with a 2kw electric single oven .. it has a 30 amp mcb wired in 6mm and isolated with a 13amp fused switched spur ... the ignitor for the gas hob is also on the load side of the spur ... it is a brand new 2kw oven and sometimes it doesnt heat up ....any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
What? You mean that sometimes it does heat up.
What do you think might be the problem?
:rolleyes:

evrything seems to be working ok except there is no heat when the oven is on, the fan is running ok ... im seeking advice about if it is wired ok in the way i described ... if so then its obviously a faulty element or something ...

is there any electricians on this thread that can tell me if a 2kw single electric oven is ok to be wired the way i described ... thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Did the oven come with the cable already fitted or did you have to connect cable to terminals in the oven ? There may be more than one LIVE terminal and these would have to be linked. Read the instructions.

IF there are two or more LIVE then one may supply the controls and the other the elements. Twice recently I have found this with the link not fitted or not fitted tightly making a poor conenction

It was supposed to come fitted with cable and 13 amp plugtop but it never... i fitted it with 1.5 flex and it only has 3 terminals L N + E

if the fan comes on then it's wired right, or it wouldn't run at all..

the problem you are having is either a faulty connection to the heating element, or a faulty thermostat... both of which I would class as manufacturing defects if the oven is less than 12 months old and should be covered under the warantee..

If the fan works and the light comes on then I would suspect the oven is faulty. Maybe faulty thermostat or switch.

It should be under warranty.

BTW, its OK to wire it up as you describe. I would have preferred an FCU (13A) for the oven and a separate FCU (3A) for the ignitor as I'll bet the cable to the hob isnt big enough for 13amp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back