Support for a Belfast sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought an 18 inch Belfast sink to use outside. I intend to put it on the wall of my kitchen extension 18 inches above the main drains.
Two options I have is to make a sturdy fram that it can sit on, this could be difficult as there are two outlet pipes feeding into the drain which the frame would have to be built around.
Second option (and the one I prefer) is to mount the sink on brackets. Which type of bracket would take the weight of the sink (bloody heavy) and potentially the volume of water it holds?

Any advice appreciated
Ta
Glocko

Sponsored Links
We've had Belfasts' inside at my school, a couple where actually supported by steel (?) tubing with screw in joints, a bit like compression fittings for copper pipe, BUT a whole LOT stronger!

Also, got a couple on framework built out of 2X2 pse. Offhand, can't think of any brackets that I would trust a Belfast to empty, never mind with water in!

Why not put it onto 2 pillars of bricks, I believe that's the way they used to be mounted. You could leave spcaes for the wastes to go through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back