Supporting Pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to run two 3 metre lengths of 22mm copper pipe for central heating, off of which will be spurs for 2 rads. Pipes will have the large wall insulation.

The 22mm pipes will run at perpendicular to floor joists. However, there is only about 100mm between concrete floor and bottom of joists (an old scullery converted years ago with a raised floor).

I can't think of a way to secure the pipes.

Are copper straps available to easily hang pipes from joists? Or... should I leave pipes (in insulation) to rest loose on concrete floor...or do I go to bother of making some wooden brackets to raise pipes from contact with the cold concrete?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I tend to fit standard cliplock pipe clips and fix them to the underside of the joists using a 'stubby' screwdriver so it will fit between the clips and the concrete base.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back