Supporting wall??? Help!

R

Roffel

Hi everyone I've just joined on here so be gentle I was hoping to get some advice.. If you'd like any more info just ask I know it's not a great description but I'll try my best..

I have just purchased a property which has hot air central heating, the boiler is enclosed in a cupboard under the stairs and a single skin brick L-shaped wall on 2 sides and above is a bloody great concrete slab approx 3' square..

As part of the refurb I want to do away with said brick wall to open up the space the boiler used, but how can I tell if it is supporting and what the purpose of this concrete slab is?.. the rest of the internal walls are Paramount frames so not much weight ? and will be replaced to change the floor plan both upstairs and downstairs ' Like I say thanks for any help you can offer

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Roffel :D :D :D

no where near enough information :D
any pictures ??
wood floors concrete floors solid wall above and below ?
joists join on the wall ?

big-all... Sorry mate no pics as of yet going to get some tomorrow although I can't pull up any floor boards yet so they'll be a bit basic.

Upstairs is chipboard floors which will be replaced as part of the refurb due to being a bit creaky and bouncy in places, upstairs ALL the internal walls are paramount stud the walls directly below big concrete slab are brick and are NEXT to the stairs not underneath them... I know the info's a bit vague but I'd appreciate comments when I get some pics up..

big-all... Sorry mate no pics as of yet going to get some tomorrow although I can't pull up any floor boards yet so they'll be a bit basic.

Upstairs is chipboard floors which will be replaced as part of the refurb due to being a bit creaky and bouncy in places, upstairs ALL the internal walls are paramount stud the walls directly below big concrete slab are brick and are NEXT to the stairs not underneath them... I know the info's a bit vague but I'd appreciate comments when I get some pics up..
Ah ALL SORTED NOW, PIECE OF cake once i could strip everything out for a proper look

Sponsored Links
sorry for the late post i missed it :D :D
thank you very very much for taking the time to let us know how you got on it makes it all worth it for all off us that try and help :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back